Friday, December 02, 2005

Minor AP errors

There were a couple of small things in the story about women in the animal sciences and veterinary medicine that went against the AP stylebook. I wouldn't even have noticed them if I hadn't referred to both 4-H and FFA in my most recent story for J2100 (I was assigned to the agriculture beat, and it's surprisingly interesting.). 4-H Club is proper, and so is National FFA Organization, which used to be known as Future Farmers of America. I had to look that one up on the Net; it wasn't even under FFA in the stylebook. Overall, the story was very good. I thought the reporter did a good job of getting and using quotes in her story. They added depth to the piece, like they're supposed to. I enjoyed the piece a lot, and my roommate did, too. She's an animal science major who plans to go to vet school, so it was interesting to hear how her story compared to the one presented by the reporter. She didn't really notice a difference in number of girls and guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!