Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The joys of first days...

This technically isn't the first day of class, but by now I've met for most of my classes. And the verdict is...okay, I guess. None of my classes will be spectacular, I think. In fact, one of them seems that it will be so mediocre that I'm contemplating dropping it to take another. I get the same credit for a class on volcanoes or one about music and math/order and beauty. I registered for the volcano class, but after going to the first class, I find myself questioning my interest in volcanoes. Well, I have a few days to decide, I suppose. I never really thought I'd switch classes, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a serious possibility. Ah, well. People do it all the time...

For the most part, though, I think I'll enjoy my classes. For one of them, I'll be reading Chinese novels and Hindu scripture, among other things. It seems I stumbled into another religious studies class, quite by accident (It's offered as several different courses, including the history credit I need). I'm actually happy about it, though, because the world religion class I took last year was one of my favorites. Fitting right into the theme of religious tolerance is my journalism class, "Journalism Across Cultures." It should be interesting and challenging. I can only miss nine points all semester. So, yeah, fun... But my German class and writing center internship (Yay!) should make up for that.

5 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's teaching your cross-cultural journalism? It was the most entirely worthless class I've taken in my college career, but I think the teachers switch a lot. It could have been interesting subject matter but my teacher made me want to run away screaming (I didn't, but it was a struggle.)

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. Forgot to mention that was Claire.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger GrumpyTeacher1 said...

I am unspeakably jealous! You get to read Chinese novels and Hindu scripture? Argh!

Will you make suggestions for me?

Pleaseohplease....

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Claire -- It's Dr. Frisby. She should be able to provide a good perspective on aspects of it; I just hope she doesn't turn a blind eye to everything else.

Scott -- I won't make suggestions until the class is over.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Lucindyl said...

Sounds wonderful! Interesting about the volcano class and the music/math class. Let us know what you decide.

And I'm all with Great Scott! about the Chinese novels and Hindu scripture. Wow. You get all the good classes!!! (But then, I once took a class in Bawdy Ozark Folktales, so I guess I shouldn't complain. ) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!