Winter magic
Rumor has it it's going to snow. I'm not sure just how much; I've already heard about three different guesses. The Missourian estimates 1-3 inches, one radio station 1-2 inches, and another radio station 2-4. At first, I didn't really believe it. It seems a bit early. However, I'm going to have to change my opinion, because it's already coming down and piling up (Okay, more like dusting the roofs ...). I guess I don't really care how much snow accumulates, though. I love snow. It's so beautiful. It gets spoiled a little bit when I have to drive in it, but since this should be gone before the weekend, I'm happy. Sorry to those of you who have to drive in it. I'm sure I will later. To me, snow is the only thing that justifies the freezing weather of winter. Actually, if I think about it, that's not true. I love winter ... as long as I'm inside. There's nothing better than curling up under a fuzzy blanket with a book and a cup of hot chocolate. Of course, for it to be ideal for me, I have to be near a window, so I can see the snow falling and piling up, covering up the barrenness (Did I spell that right? Sorry if I didn't.) left by the fall. It's almost like fairy dust. It looks like nothing special as it falls, but when it has covered everything, it creates a completely new world. I remember one winter at my dad's house. There was a blizzard for a couple of days, and I woke up one morning to see a brand new set of eaves outside. The snow had created a curvy overhang in place of the gutters. There was also snow up to my knees, I recall. This was when I was about 5'2, 5'3, so that's a lot of snow. But there was nothing more fun than tramping through it in my winter coat. Of course, that's before I started driving, so I really had no concept of the danger associated with it. I still try to look at snow from a somewhat childish perspective. I'm fairly cynical in most respects, so I should maintain innocence in one area, right?

1 Comments:
Keep enjoying the snow. I do.
Post a Comment
<< Home